Derby is well known for its industrial silk museum and gothic cathedral. The city has numerous important site marks, cultural hubs, entertainment spots, and business markets. The city has also been regarded as the first Britain center of the industrial revolution. Being a unitary authority in Derbyshire, the city neighbors, and controls many important villages.
Some of the important surrounding villages are as follows:
Aston-upon-Trent lies just six miles south-east of Derby. the village covers 1793 acres area.
Belper is a beautiful town and civil parish situated 7 miles north of Derby and has pleasant visual scenery. The railway, the river, and the canal crosswalks collectively glamourize the whole sight.
Brailsford is situated about 7 miles northwest of Derby. The name Brailsford is derived from ‘a burial ground by the ford’. In the Domesday Book, the village is listed as having a priest, half a church, 24 villagers, three smallholders, and a mill.
Church Broughton lies close to the south-west boundary of Derbyshire, about 10 miles west of Derby. Because two of the large farms in the village were part of the Duke of Devonshire’s estate until early in the 20th century, there had never been a resident lord of the manor. Apart from the church, built by the monks of Tutbury in 1300, with its little steeple atop a tower, there is also a timbered house and plenty of cottages from the 17th and 18th centuries.